▪ We have conducted a number of free medical awareness camps in the suburban areas of Koonammoochi, Mattom, Chittattukara, Kechery, Parapur etc. The purpose was to create awareness of the importance of detection of blood group and symptoms of cancer diseases among people especially the lower strata of society.
▪ Health care camps for children were conducted periodically. During this time, polio vaccine and preventive medicines in order to control seasonal diseases were also provided.
▪ To inculcate in ordinary people health care awareness and maintenance of hygienic surroundings, classes and seminars were conducted and during which free supply of medicine and vitamin tablets were distributed.
▪ In order to modernize medical and surgical technologies and quicken the diagnostic and response procedures the hospital is upgraded with a new Operation Theater and other ancillary departments have been added or modified.
▪ The Hospital has also been providing food, medicine and accommodation free of charge to real deserving people of the local community and some others with financial difficulty at a concessional rate. This has been done irrespective of caste or creed as part of the foundational mission of the hospital.
▪ During the flood calamity that battered Kerala in the months of August and September, 2017, this hospital quickly sprang into action to provide relief to the affected people by setting up a flood relief camp, providing free ambulance services, free hospitalization, supply of bed sheets, clothes, stationery items and food grains. We were glad we were able to reachout to the grievously affected people of Alappuzha district with our services.
▪ We managed to build two houses and hand over to two poor families of this area.
▪ The additional facilities we have added to the hospital are: New Golden Jubilee Block, Doctors Quarters and 2 Lifts in old Block.
▪ We want to thank the Lord for the Best Hospital award we received from Mar Andrews Thazhath, Archbishop of Thrissur Archdiocese.
▪ Humbly we acknowledge that we were honoured by Justice Kurian Joseph, T N Prathapan MP, Murali Perunnelli MLA and Pouravali in Choondal for being the Best Administrator with a Strong and Good person.